Would you like to find a job for this next academic year?
Fantastic, because we want to give you a job.
ASUW IS CURRENTLY HIRING
Your student government is hiring over 55 paid positions this spring, all geared to provide programs and services to the UW student body for next year. Any UW student can apply for these jobs, no matter what year, major or residence you have. The best parts about these jobs?
Well, first off – you will get paid. Next – you get to work in the brand new HUB. Also – you get to set your own hours.
What could be better?
Not much, so if you have time today —
VISIT US AT OUR JOBS FAIR,
TODAY @ RED SQUARE
11 AM – 2 PM
Already intrigued, well no need to wait. Click HERE.
But I am sure you are wondering, what kinds of jobs we are talking about? Well, let me elaborate:
The UW Board of Regents is holding a special forum to hear students’ comments about the budget and tuition rates Wednesday, Feb. 15
from 3:30-5:00 pm in the William H. Gates Law School Room 133 (see campus map here
). This is your opportunity to learn about the budget and give the Regents your opinion before tuition goes up. For more information, see the attached notice or check out the Facebook event here
There are many, MANY exciting things happening on campus in February. Check out the Events and ways to Get Involved below:
Events on Campus
1. ASUW Women’s Action Commission “Vagina Monolgues” — February 16, 17, 18
2. ASUW “Everybody EveryBODY Fashion Show” — February 23
3. ASUW Queer Student Commission “Annual Drag Competition” — February 24
4. ASUW American Indian Student Commission “Annual Winter PowWow” — February 25
5. “An Evening with Author Max Brooks: 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack” — February 28
6. Campus Sustainability Fund Application
7. The Safety Campaign “Huskies Choose Safety”
8. Off-Campus Housing Affairs Survey
9. Speak up in support of funding your education!
10. Protect your rights as a tenant!
Are you tired of the tuition increases? Do you want to do something about it? Check out the ways below to get involved right now to Save Our State and other ways to impact your campus.
1. Save Our State Rally and Huskies on the Hill- Sign Up and Attend!
2. Are you interested in performing drag?
3. Women’s Political Action Training
4. Speak up in Support of Transit
5. FREE “Miss Representation” Screening
7. Broken Bodies, PBP: Police Brutality Profiling
8. Under 1 Nation: Zulu & Krip-Hop
9. [M]aking our [L]egacy [K]nown Hip Hop Show February 3, 2012 in Kane 130 at 7:30pm
Wonder what our new UW President, Michael K. Young, has planned out for the University of Washington? Well now is your chance to find out! See below for how you can meet him and other amazing opportunities happening across the UW campus this week!
1. ASUW Student Senate Forum with UW President Michael K. Young
2. Take a Stand Against Budget Cuts.
3. Husky Pride Fund: Husky T Now Available
4. Celebrate the UW’s 150th Birthday on Friday November 4th
5. Digest of News and Events on Campus
1. ASUW Student Senate Forum with UW President Michael K. Young:
The ASUW Student Senate is having a forum with new UW President Michael K. Young this coming Tuesday, November 1st in Gowen Hall 301 from 5:30 pm to 6:30pm. This is a rare opportunity for students to engage in a direct conversation and meet our new husky leader. Come ask questions and listen to President Young’s agenda for your university. Senate meetings are always open to the public.